Tuesday, May 14, 2013

"We are here, we are here, we are here"

We ARE alive! It's true I have been a bad blogger for a very long time. I've had encouragement from some and just plain, "WHERE are you?" from others regarding getting myself in gear. Truthfully neither worked, I have just come to the realization that I just have to do it, no excuses, just do it. We have been up to so much these last few months that there is just no possible way I could catch up without devoting an entire week, or more, of just blogging. So for now I am just going to pick up from here and move forward, hopefully.

This past weekend we drove to Harrisburg, PA for this years first homeschool convention, CHAP  Convention. We will also be heading to Pittsburgh, VA next month to meet the Duggars, (YAY!) at the HEAV Convention. Jim will be heading out for another "work trip," as we have started calling them, at the end of this month, so it was great to be able to attend even just one convention as a family this year. We had a blast! We were encouraged and challenged by the families we met as well as the many ministries present. We also were able to find some great curriculum and materials for our family at some amazing deals. I love discount shopping!

One of the men that we have been challenged and encouraged by through the Word of God is Mr. Voddie Baucham. The little boys and  I had the privilege of meeting him last year at the Teach Them Diligently Convention, but since Jim was deployed this year was his first opportunity to hear him speak in person and to sit down with him to ask some questions. We appreciate his ministry very much and the diligence he has in preaching and teaching God's Word.

We were able to spend a little time with our dear friends, the Goodfellows which is always a great time. Our two families have been so busy that we had to meet in Pennsylvania just to catch up over dinner, even though we only live 15 minutes from each other :) David never left their booth and had a fantastic time being a cowboy and spending time with their girls.

Sunday morning on our way home we visited Hope Baptist Church where we worshipped and fellowshipped, I know made up word, with some amazing families who took us in as their own and challenged us with God's Word and encouraged us in our walks with the Lord. Our boys made friends quickly with the other children there and we were so thankful for the precious time these dear people shared with us. We will be visiting them once again on Memorial Day for their amazing celebration, found here. ALL are welcome to join us, it is sure to be an amazing time.

This week and next week, David is finishing his "official" school work for the year and will be promoted to the 2nd grade, wowey! I will have lots to blog about regarding school in a little bit, once we are "done" for this year.

We have lots of plans for the summer and I know it is going to fly by, but I am going to make sure that blogging fits in our schedule, and hopefully some scrapbooking too.

I know this blog has lots of links and not so many pictures, but I need to organized them all and retrieve them off of my phone and Jim's and our camera, so I will get to that later.

For now, there is a little update on the Friedleins. Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment