Monday, June 11, 2012

Happy Birthday to....Me :)

Friday was my 31st birthday, wow that sounds like a lot, but I have enjoyed each year and am so thankful to the Lord that I am able to celebrate another one.
What a fun day we had! After waking up to a sweet birthday email from my husband, I jumped out of bed (more like rolled because I'd had just gone to bed at 4am)....the night before Melissa and I had gotten together to work on some colonial style outfits for our children. She has made her girls beautiful dresses and was working on those when we got the idea of putting something together "quickly" for my boys. Well I know she got way less sleep than me, but I have to say it was SO worth it. Our kids looked great!! We had planned a day in downtown New Bern. First pictures in the gardens of Tryon Palace, then lunch at Captain Ratty's, then back to Tryon Palace for a tour and finally a trip to the North Carolina History Center. It really was a fantastic day. I enjoyed every minute of it. Thank Goodfellows for your friendship and all the fun we have together!
Afterwards, my boys passed out in their car seats with mouths wide open, we headed to our other friends the Houghtons' for dinner and continued birthday celebrations. Their son, CJ celebrated his 7th birthday on the 9th of June, so we had a party together. We ate some yummy food and had some great fellowship with our friends the Wehrmans and the Woolards. Thank you all also for such a great time and for thinking of me on my birthday!

 Not so sure they had sunglasses in the 1800s, but we'll go with it :)
 Here he is my son, the protector of the party
 Aiden was so cute in his little outfit too, boy did we hit the jackpot at Goodwill!
 "Happy Birthday Mommy!"
 Kylie, Aiden, Kristen, David & Kayla all ready for their day at Tryon Palace
 So sweet
 Colonial boys ready to go!
 I'm not sure who is having more fun, them or me?
 Great times in the gardens!
 Probably my most favorite spot in the gardens!
 Me and my precious blessings!
 Having a go at lawn bowling
 Check out this colonial crew!
 The delicious ice cream cake, way to go on the writing Dan! :)
 Some silly party kiddos
 Saturday afternoon we met back up with the Houghtons at MacDaddy's & Golfin Dolphin to have some fun on CJs birthday. First up was the Bumper Boats! The they did Water Wars which was super neat. Basically a huge slingshot for water balloons that you sling at each other.
 Then putt putt golf. Go David!!
 Aiden likes to give himself a "hold in one"
Enjoying the shade in a cave.

Thanks for such a wonderful birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment