Monday, August 9, 2010

Baby Boy Baby Shower

I have the most wonderful, sweet Christian ladies as friends here in Quantico. I look back on the bittersweet feelings I had about moving here last summer; leaving our church family & friends behind to an "unknown" place; and now I have the same feelings as we prepare to leave VA. We were in our home here for about 2 or so months before we really got connected with anyone, but ever since then, our time here with our beloved friends has been precious.
Saturday, my dear friend and neighbor Kirby hosted an absolutely beautiful baby shower for us as we await our arrival of our little man in January. She just wouldn't let us move away without having one and I am so very thankful to God for her and each lady who was able to attend.
The party had a very impressive and DELICIOUS selection of food. (I was literally eating the entire time) and the decorations were adorable and the fellowship and games were ever so sweet. The cake that Kirby ordered looked almost too perfect to eat, but I have to say that I've been eating a piece each day since! YUM!
I thank God for all the people He has brought into our lives and I am so very thankful for my dear friends and for the time I have had getting to know each one of them. I love you all and THANK YOU!


Sweet baby Kyla snoozing before the party began :)

I had to include both pictures I took of the cake because it really did look ever so perfect!


It sure tasted great too! It had butter cream underneath with chocolate cake and strawberry spread inside!

ALL of the food tasted delicious. Kirby went all out with delicious choices. Again, I was eating them all the whole time :)


My friend Erika and I


Some very dear and sweet ladies
Mrs. Sheri, Kirby, Me, Holly (who is also expecting), Aimee, & Kelli
Holly & Erika were so sweet to even have thought of David during the shower. They bought him his very own gift and he was SUPER excited about it. Bath crayons! Doesn't he look proud? :)

David & his best buddy Shane pose after the baby shower.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a special day. What a blessing indeed!

    Kelli looks familiar. Was she at Cherry Point before?

    ReplyDelete