Thursday, August 5, 2010

Awaiting another precious baby BOY!

Last Thursday we had an ultrasound done at Ft Belvoir. It has been a huge blessing for our family because Jim and David both have been able to attend all of my appointments, seeing how so far EVERY single one has involved an ultrasound. During this appointment we were able to see almost all of our little one's organs and limbs, it was amazing to see them all at only 15 weeks. About 20 minutes into it, Jim asked if it was too soon to find out the sex of the baby. The tech said she didn't see anything yet, but not 10 seconds later she said ever so frankly, "It's a boy!" I sat right up and said, "Are you sure?" She froze the screen and I saw for myself that indeed God has given us another precious baby boy! I looked at David and said, "You were right buddy!" and he said, "Yes, I know, I'm having a baby brother" He is so excited to have a little playmate to call his very own.
In other news, some of you may know that we also have been following a large cyst on my right ovary that has been growing and at this appointment we noted that it had grown once again. We had a consultation appointment with the surgeon this past Tuesday and he has confirmed that we must have surgery to remove the cyst, for the safety of both me and our baby boy.
The surgery is scheduled for Aug 18th. I am trusting whole heartedly in God's protection, and our family is asking for your prayers both for a smooth surgery and recovery, and especially for the protection of myself and our precious unborn baby.
A few verses that I am clinging to during this time are:
Philippians 4:6-7 "Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding shall guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
Isaiah 41: 10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."
2 Timothy 1: 7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
Jeremiah 29: 11 "For I know the plans I have for you, ' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Thank you for all of your love, support, and prayers for our family.
God Bless!
Here are some ultrasound pictures from our appointment
Little man's profile with his hands up by his face
His foot

this is totally amazing! "HIGH FIVE!"
This is a picture of his face

A profile picture of little man giving us a thumbs up, he's saying, "I'm doing great Mommy & Daddy!"





3 comments:

  1. I love you Jenny, and your boys - all three of them! I will continue to pray for you leading up to and after the surgery. I pray He continues to comfort you and give you peace. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had heard about the new baby boy. Congratulations!!

    We will be praying for you four as you prepare for the surgery. My the Lord's will be done in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your comment on my blog. We are praying that Danielle's reflux heals on its own like your did, thank you for the encouragement. And, I was mistaken, Brandon's surgery is on the 19th. Because of the time difference you two will probably be having surgery around the same time. I will be praying for you and the baby.

    ReplyDelete