Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What's new in VA

We have had lots going on here in the last few weeks. We celebrated Jim's 29th birthday and attended an Easter EGGstravaganza at a local church where David had his very first horse back ride-He totally surprised me and actually wanted to ride and LOVED it! His sweet little smile didn't leave his face the entire time.

So I'm sure you are now asking, where are the pictures?? Well, this past week over Easter weekend our beloved friends the Paynes were here and we spent the entire day on Saturday in Washington DC and somewhere between the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial, we lost our camera :( We backtracked and checked and rechecked 4 times and still no sign of our camera. I was mostly disappointed in myself because I had put on my weekly to do list to upload the past week's pictures, but ran out of time so it didn't happen. The good news is that Rosa and the girls took tons of pictures in DC so we do have those memories captured and I'll post those on our Easter Weekend blog posting.

After losing the camera, I was pretty bummed, but I know it could be way worse. Then on Monday David and I were suppose to go to his first dentist appointment, but as we were pulling out of the garage a little voice from the back seat said, "Mommy I have to go potty" and of course it wasn't just a quick trip. So...we get on 95 and surprise, surprise it is moving like a snail, so needless to say, we didn't make it to the dentist appointment. Since we were already on the road, I thought we should at least go shopping to make the trip worthwhile :) So David and I went to Ikea. It was my plan to let David bring in his brand new Percy train to the dentist so he would have something to hold while they checked his teeth, so he had Percy in his hands when we went into the store. Long story short...we lost Percy : ( Again, I can almost tell you exactly where we were when he had him last and only about 20-50 feet later he was gone. Poor David was crying and saying, "I miss my friend Percy!" It was not the most fun we've ever had. After that we decided it was time to go home, we were done with the day.

Life has moved on without our camera and without Percy, I am still calling the DC Park Police every couple of days to see if someone turned in our camera and we left my name and number with the lost and found at Ikea, so we will see. What fun we have! :)

The weather here in the last few days has been HOT! I think we skipped Spring and went straight to Summer! Yesterday we got together with about 12 different families in our neighborhood and had a picnic in the park across the street. IT WAS A BLAST! I am pretty sure one of my friends took some pictures so once I get some of those from her, hopefully I can post those too.

All in all things are going very well here. We are still enjoying our time here in Quantico and appreciate all that we've been able to do as a family. Today Jim is suppose to be home really early so we look forward to spending time with him outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment