Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Last night we finally finished decorating our Christmas tree. I didn't realize how excited and into it David would be this year, but his excitement really is contagious and made it all the more so for Jim & I. I have taken pictures of David helping decorate the Christmas tree ever since he could walk, starting 2 years ago. So I thought I'd take a little trip down memory lane and share with everyone our precious little boy and how he's helped make our Christmas a little Merrier each year...


David's 1st Christmas he was only 6 weeks old. We spent it at Jim's parents house in MI

Happy Baby

Okay, so not a WHOLE lot has changed : )





December 2007 - David was 1 year old :)








This is the beginning of his LOVE for the silver balls on the tree








So gentle even then








and such a big helper








December 2008 - David was 2 years old. Daddy was deployed to Iraq this Christmas so we kept our tree up until February when he returned and we celebrated David's Birthday, Thanksgiving, & Christmas once again. :)








That year he even helped with the lights





So sweet, our precious little boy





My how you are growing up.








December 2009 - David is now 3 and growing up faster and faster. He is really such a big helper now.

Hanging up a USMC ornament.



Our proud boy





Daddy & David decorating our Christmas tree





Such a big job




Taking a moment to pose for Mommy





it looks beautiful guys





Oh how thankful I am for my two handsome men. God you are so good to us!


This picture is turned, but I had to add it because ever since setting up the tree David has hourly rearranged the ornaments, particularly the silver balls. Yesterday afternoon every time our dog Bailey walked past the tree I could hear clanging, so I went to check why and I found this. David had started a collection of the silver balls in one small section on the lowest branches of the tree. Oh little man you are so precious to us :)




Merry Christmas Everyone! May you find as much joy in your home as we have in ours. God has been good to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment